1. Summer in Rajasthan : - The rajasthan lies north to the tropic of cancer. Capital city Jaipur lies 26.9 degree north to the tropic of cancer. The city has a long and very hot summer season. The summer starts early in April and continues till July mid. The temperature soars to a high of 45 Degree Celcius in most parts of Rajasthan occasionally it even goes beyond 50 degree celcius in some parts of the state, Jaipur also goes and stands around 45 degree celcious for most part of the summer season.
The minimum temperature stays around 25 degree celcius for almost entire summer. One very conspicons characteristic of Jaipur and Rajasthan is the dry and very hot “loo” wind blowing for three summer months. This wind is very dry and it turns entire north India very hot. It is probably because of this hot wind that entire north india turns in to an extreme low pressure area.
This makes the high moisture laden winds gush from Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal in to the Indian peninsula. This is the Indian monsoon. Clearly hot summer months do not favor the tourism activity and tourist’s should avoid this area in the summer months. But if you are travelling in rajasthan in the summer months then do not forget to cover your head and keep drinking water to hydrate the body. Always eat less spicy and simple non fried food in the summer months when you are in Jaipur/ rajasthan.
2. Monsoon in Rajasthan: - The Indian monsoon activity starts in may end from the state of kerala . There are two branches of India monsoon, the Arabian sea branch and the bay of begal branch. The state of Rajasthan is served by both these branches, but being in extreme north west part of India the monsoon reaches the last to the state of rajasthan, Only in july mid the monsoon activity reaches its zenith in this area. Jaipur recieves an annual rainfall of 536 mm, majority of it happens during the monsoon months. The monsoon activity can go on for days with dry spell in between, the maximum temperature hovers around 35 degree celcius but humidity may rise to 100 % making it very sultry.
The minimum temperature in jaipur during rainy season stays around 25 degree celcius. Though in comparison to the very hot summer months the monsoon season is pleasant but still it is not the best season to travel in Rajasthan. Some parts of Rajasthan like jaisalmer/ Barmer receive very less/ no rainfall so weather does not changes much during the monsoon months. The rainy season comprises of the months of July August and September.
3. Autumn in Rajathan:- The autumn is not very pronounced in this part, still the weather becomes much more comfortable and pleasant in the autumn season here in jaipur and rajasthan. As the rains end the area turns in to lush green and the wildlife sanctuaries open up for tourism activity but sighting of wild life is difficult because of greenery. The month of October and mid November is the autumn season. The temperature now is much more comfortable around 30 degree celcius during day and around 22 degree celcius during night. The humidity level also lowers making it comfortable. This season is the start of tourists season in this part of India, the tourists inflow starts in the month of October as the rainy season ends and temperature becomes bearable. You do not require woolen clothes to roam around in this part of the year.
4. Winter in Rajasthan:-This is the best season for tourism activity, maximum tourism inflow happens in the winter months of November December and January. The most celebrated festivals of India also usually are celebrated either in autumn or in winter. The temperature is very comfortable around 25 degree celcius in day time and around 15 degree celcius in night time. Few days in December or early January can be foggy/ rainy as the western depression hits the Indian main land. The humidity is very low. November being the driest month of the year with no rain. As the flora sheds theleaves the sighting of wild life increases and the tourist enjoy their visit of the wild life sanctuaries.
5. Spring in Rajasthan:-As the winter season progress it leads to spring season in February when all the flowers bloom and the weather has love in the air. The weather is very comfortable you do not require heavy woolens during your tour. The creepers on the walls of Jaipur houses bloom brightly. The temperature ranges between 27 degree celcius to 20 degree celcius which is very comfortable. The spring comprises of two months of February and March. One of the most important festivals which is related with spring and love is celebrated on the full moon day. Its festival of colors “Holi” celebrated with fan fare in jaipur. Another important festival is the” Basant Panchmi”. Basant is Indian connotation for spring. The humidity level is lowest during spring with very less rainfall during the spring months. As the end of spring draws near the temperature starts soaring.