Delhi is the capital city of India, it has many historical and religions monuments. Delhi is a very important destination on the Golden Triangle Tour. We have tried to compile some important tips for planning a two day Delhi tour. As there are so many monuments it becomes difficult to complete Delhi tour in a day, two days at least are required to explore Delhi and its monuments.
2 Days Delhi Tour Package
1. Tips for Old Delhi Tour- The old Delhi area is very congested in the day time as it still houses some of the very crowded markets of Delhi. If you are looking forward to do 2 days Delhi Tour and want to explore old Delhi then the first thing to remember is to start early. You have to be an early Bird, start your tour with a visit to regal Jama masjid, hire a rickshaw and go across the narrow and winding alleys of Old Delhi.
Your Rickshaw Walla will enumerate so many stories and will show you some famous and well-known places of old Delhi on this rickshaw ride. Do visit the wholesale markets in the old Delhi area which will be really interesting especially to the foreigners. After the rickshaw ride go for the sightseeing of Red Fort which is just a stone throw away distance from here.
2. Timing & closing of monuments– Do look out for the weekly closure date of the monument you are visiting as some of these are closed weekly, the monuments like Red Fort Akshardham temple, Birla Temple, Lotus Temple, National Museum are closed on Monday. The zoological garden is closed on Friday. This is the list of Delhi monuments, their opening & closing time & their weekly closing Date.
- Akshardham Temple timings– 9:30 am to 6:30 pm (Monday closed)
- Lotus Temple (Bahai temple) timings– 9:00 Am to 5:30 pm (Monday closed)
- Humons Tomb timings- Sunrise to Sunset (No closure day)
- Jama Masjid timings- 7:00 Am to 12:00 am (No closure day)
- Qutub Minar timings- 7 am to 5:30 pm or 6:00pm to 9:00pm (No closure day)
- India Gate- Sunrise to Sunset (At night, no weekly closure)
- Raj Ghat – Morning to Night (No weekly closure)
- National Museum- 10:00 Am to 6:00 Pm (Monday Closed)
- Zoological Garden- 1st April to 15 October: –
9:00 Am to 4:30 Pm
- 16 October to 31st March: – 9:30 Am to 4:00 Pm
3-Tips for Akshardham Temple visit- Remember this is actually a working Hindu Temple, Do maintain decorum of proper dress and use proper language while being in the temple. The temple has a scintillating water show conducted every evening, so do remember to see this water show on your Akshardham Visit.
No photography, no mobile camera, no video taking is allowed inside the temple do remember to leave the video and photography equipment in your car, no intoxicants of any kind (Including tobacco) are allowed inside, No food articles from outside are allowed inside. A visit to Akshardham temple is a sort of pilgrimage so visitors should maintain and respect the traditional and cultural values.
4-Tips for Banglasahib Gurudwara Visit- Bangla Sahib Gurudwara is also a historical and site of religious importance. This Gurudwara is in memory of Guru Harkrishan Sahib who cured the Delhi residents of small box epidemic, Tobacco articles or intoxicants of any kind are not allowed inside. The visitors have to cover their Head and remove shoes (Including socks) to go inside.
The visitors can pay their obeisance to Shri Guru Granth Sahib situated in sanctum sanctorum and can listen to the bards singing holy hymns. Do remember to visit the community kitchen where thousands of devotees enjoy free food without any discrimination of caste, caste creed and religion. During the planning of your Golden Triangle Tour, you can include this famous Gurudwara in the sightseeing of Delhi.
5-Tips for hiring a tour Guide- Audio guide is available at national Museum without any extra payment for foreign nationals. The government of India approved tour guides are available to guide you on your Delhi tour. Contact your local travel agent or hire from an online agent and book your tour Guide. You can also book your tour guide from Delhi tourism office or from the office of Ministry of Tourism at 10 Janpath New Delhi.
6-Tips for Lotus Temple Visit- Lotus temple is a religious site belonging to Bahai faith. It’s a wonderful piece of architecture in the form of lotus floswer in full bloom. It has 27 free standing marble clad petals. The temple can accommodate 2500 people. This is basically a place for people of all faith to get together and worship. You are free to recite and read scriptures of any faith and religion. No ritualistic ceremony is allowed inside the temple. Till date the temple has attracted more than 70 million visitors.
7-Tips for India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan- A formal request through the website of Rashtrapati Bhawan is possible, you have to make an online booking for the same at http://rashtrapatisachivalya.gov.in/rbtour/.
There are two parts and tours, the first part comprises of main building and central lawn and is open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. The second part comprises of the Rashtrapati Bhawan museum complex (RBMC) also including the clock tower, the stables and the garages. This part is open on all days except Monday.
The mughal Garden and other gardens of Rashtrapati bhawan are open from August to March. This is open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The timing is from 9:00 Am to 4 Pm. You can also be a spectacle to the change of guard ceremony through the official website.
India Gate is open from sunrise to sunset and no ticket is levied you can stroll around and take pictures in front of the memorial or the gardens.
8-Tips for planning the itinerary– Remember that Delhi has lots of monuments if you don’t have time and time is at constraint then go for a day tour but day tour won’t be able to do justice to the sightseeing of Delhi. At least reserve two days for Delhi sightseeing, these two days are good enough to include most of the monuments in Delhi.
9-Tips for lesser known Monuments- If you have a flair for history and architecture then Delhi has lots of lesser known monuments which are equally beautiful. Include monuments like Safdarjung tomb, Agrasen ki Bowli, Ghalib ki Haweli, Tomb of Adham khan, Jamali Kamali mosque, feroze shah kotla fort in your tour of Delhi.
10-Tips for shopping in Delhi-Apart from monuments and memorials the Delhi is famous in north India as a trading hub there are wholesale markets where not only you will get best deals but you will get stuff which will be best in quality.
The markets you can explore are Karol bagh,Janpath, Sarojini nagar market, Khan market and Delhi Haat .Indians love to do window shopping and a stroll in the market will sure entertain you and show you the market in detail.