Music plays a vital role in the life of humanity. This is recorded by Shakspeare. “ If music be the food of Love play on” in the English literature. Indian literature is also replete with the importance of music & dance traditions in India. We find the first nomination of music in nal by which it is considered the universe is born. The first musical instrument in India is the Damaroo of Lord Shiva. The present music form has the roots in sarveda. Similarly the first dance tradition is the tandav of Lord Shiva and the present dance traditions in India has can be traced back from Natya Shastra.
The uniquely of India dances in the fact that they are devotional and body is used effectively to express this moods.
Read More related blog:- Why Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour is best India tour ?
What are categories of Indian Classic Music
There are 2 categories of Indian classical music- North Indian trance and the South Indian tradition. North Indian traditions also known as Hindustan sangeet and the South Indian traditions called Carnartic Sangeet. The various focus of north Indian music are Dhupal, Thumrs, Khayal etc.
Raga & Tal Important Pillars of Indian Music
Raga & Tal have vital role in the formation of musical notes. Raga is the meloclic form where the Tal the ring theme form Ragas try to evoke the human emotions with the environment and thus they are hug at a fired time of day or night. The seven swaras- Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni are the key to the Indian music.
Suggested Tour Packages :-
- India Tour Packages
- Rajasthan Tour Packages
- Varanasi Tour Packages
- Delhi Tour Packages
- Golden Triangle Tour Packages
- One Day Trip from Delhi
- Taj Mahal Tour Packages
Carnatic Music tradition
This is one of the forms of vocal Indian music. This is supposed to be the oldest form of music. Purandara Das is known as the father of carnatic. The key focus is on the devotional themes. The sapta talas- Dhuruva, Matya, Rupka, Jhampa, Triputa, Ata and Eka Talmasare the basis for rlythim. The sangs composed by Tyagraga and Muthuswami inspire the modern performances and the audience.
There are various forms of Hindustani music. Following are mentioned some popular forms of vical music.
- Dhrupad – it is the oldest forms of Hindustani classical music. The performance start with long and complex alaap and the singer is accompanied by tantpura and pakhawaj.
- Khayal- In modern times this is the most popular for Hindustani music where singer starts with a short Alaap and the character stics of Ragas are developed when the ragas is properly introduced bandish which is known as bada Khayal, Beglas. Now tabla starts at a very low pitch.
- Thumri- Thumari come into the vogue in the mid of the 19th century and they are lighter classical vocal style thumaris have many styles such as dadra, Hori, Charti, Jhoola etc.
- Quawali- Quawali tradition developed in 13th centaury A.D which suffusion was getting popular in India. The devotes of Khawaja moinuddin chisti impressed the Hindustani music style to popular ‘gual’ thus the style of Quawwali emerged.
- Ghazal- This is a soil of urdu poetry with eloquent style. The music for Ghazal is slow paced and the lyrics are repeated turia or thrice. The starting complete of Ghazal is “Matla and the ending one is called makta”.